One of the handy benefits of being at home full time is that I have the ability to cook more often. Yesterday my freezer was looking a little bit barren, so I took out the pork roast. I had originally planned to just bake it off, but that seemed a little bit boring. I’m a writer. It’s my job to have imagination, right?
I went poking around the fridge for something that would impart some sort of flavor into the meat. I came up with: pomegranate molasses, brown sugar, and bacon.
All aboard the train to awesome town.
1 large pork roast – 3 lbs
1/2 cup pomegranate molasses
1/2 cup brown sugar, light or dark – doesn’t matter.
1/2 pack of bacon
What you’ll need to do:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Set your roast in a fairly large roasting pan.
- Salt and pepper liberally
- Mix molasses and brown sugar in a small bowl
- Slather it on the meat. Don’t be shy 😉
- Wrap strips of bacon around the outside
- Place in oven uncovered and cook until the inside reaches 140 degrees
SPOILER ALERT: This is amazing! Next time I may crunch up some ginger snap cookies and put them in the molasses and brown sugar mixture.