I’m making an effort to diversify some of the stuff I put on my blog. I realize it’s been mostly just about book promo for myself and some of my fellow authors. You may have noticed the recent addition of Man Candy Monday and Wicked Wednesday. Well.. It seemed fitting to make Friday a thing too. I submit for your approval, The Friday Feast.
One of my great loves, outside of writing absolutely filthy romance novels, is cooking. I cure my own bacon, make cheese, make pasta from scratch.. All kinds of random stuff. I’m working like a demon to finish this new paranormal romance I’ve been working on, so I’ll keep it simple and sweet tonight.
Fettucine Alfredo (Serves 4)
16oz dried fettucine
9-10 small cremini mushrooms, quartered
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
1 tbsp chopped chives
6 oz of grated parmesan cheese (Buy a nice brick. Don’t cheap out. And for the love of god. No canned.)
1/2 tsp red chili flakes
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
1 1/2 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste
- Get a large pot on the stove to boil. Salt the water liberally. Think.. salty like the sea.
- In a smaller sauce pot, melt your butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour with a whisk until it makes a paste.
- Add milk, garlic, oregano, chives and mushrooms to the milk once it begins to boil.
- Salt and pepper the milky goodness liberally. It should be thickening as it starts to simmer.
- Add the cheese. Stir until parmesan has melted.
- Taste and correct seasoning if needed… and it will probably need it.
- Boil pasta according to instructions on the packet.
- Drain, then pour it back into the pot and add the cheesy deliciousness.
- Season and serve.